Below is a quick look at the current events over the year in the life of a RHS Boys basketball player and parent. This is just a template guideline for those NEW to the program (and a gentle reminder for those returning) to look ahead, understand expectations and commitments for the year. Once team tryouts are complete, a Parent Meeting will be held to discuss the year in more detail and provide the opportunity to ask questions.
SEPTEMBER to NOVEMBER:
- MUSTANG OPEN golf tourney and dinner AUCTION – need all program support to attend, donate, procure items
- 2nd week of school: Available weight training and conditioning (after school)
- 2nd week of school: Available basketball training (evenings 2x week)
- Go to Redmondboysbasketball.com website for updated information on upcoming tryout dates, practice schedules, game schedules, etc. We will try and put all information there ASAP.
- Tryouts – November 13th, 14th – PLAYER MUST complete all LWSD paperwork the Friday before tryouts start (current physical, etc.)
- Team Notification – November 15th
- Practice Begins – November 15th
- Parent Meeting – Thursday November 16th (evening at RHS.)
- Team Building Event (all players attend) – ALL DAY SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18TH (10am-10pm)
- Optional gear / Mustang spirit wear order DUE to get it asap. (More info on email and at Parent Meeting)
- Practices Begin – November 15th (5-6days a week, late afternoon/evenings during the week; Saturday mornings/afternoons, possible Sunday practices for Varsity only)
- TEAM Study Hall after school before practice (1 time a week/ Coach Rubin’s classroom)
- NO practice THANKSGIVING day but practice on Friday November 24th
- JAMBOREE Wednesday before Thanksgiving. All teams (Seattle Prep)
- November 28th, Tuesday, first JV and V games. Possibly changing to Monday the 27th.
- Go to kingcoatheletics.com for schedule (changes can & will happen)
- Go to Redmondboysbasketball.com website for any updates on games, practices, etc.
- Practices will continue Mon-Sat, will work around team game schedules
- School break is December 16 to January 2nd
- Basketball does NOT take this break
- Practices for ALL teams Monday-Friday December 18th-22nd
- NO practice Christmas Eve (except V) or Christmas Day
- Varsity – Holiday tournament to Phoenix Arizona December 27th to December 30th
- JV and C team – Holiday tournament (Local) the week of December 26 to December 30th? (TBD) if not playing tourney, expect practices.
- NO practice New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day (V only maybe)
- Practice January 2nd
- FIRST JV/V GAMES post break – WEDNESDAY JANUARY 3RD
3A LEAGUE PLAY and PLAYOFFS:
- Game schedule continues to the end of January
- End of season banquet mid February for all players/families
- Varsity team ONLY participates in Playoffs for KINGCO 3A – games begin after last scheduled league game for 3A teams and games can continue for the next 7-10days depending on win/loss, etc. (first couple weeks of FEBRUARY). Bracket will be posted on kingcoathletics website.
- REGIONAL PLAYOFFS – 3RD week of February
- STATE PLAYOFFS – last week of February
End of MAY/ all of JUNE:
- SPRING basketball begins; practices Mon-Fri with 2/3 weekend tournaments
- TEAM camp – Travel (Gonzaga?, WSU?) for a 3 to 4 day HS basketball camp
- YOUTH camp – All RHS players run a youth camp at RHS last week of JUNE – main fundraiser!