Let's go Stangs!
We have had a couple of tough years with Covid-19, but it seems like we are heading back to "normal". Below is a typical year in the life of a RHS Boys Basketball player (and parent.) This is just guidance for those new to the program (and a gentle reminder for returners) understand expectations and the level of commitment for the year and plan ahead.
Following team tryouts in November, we will hold a Parent Meeting to provide everyone with the more concrete details and the opportunity to ask questions.
SEPTEMBER to NOVEMBER:
- 2nd week of school: available weight training and conditioning (after school)
- 2nd week of school: available basketball training/open gyms
- Visit the team website regularly for updated information on upcoming tryout dates, practice schedules, game schedules, etc.
- Tryouts will be held in mid-November. All players must register and complete all LWSD paperwork to participate in tryouts (current physical, etc.)
- Team notification will happen immediately after tryouts
- Practices can begin November 14.
- A Parent meeting will be scheduled shortly after the first practices.
- Team Photos will also take place the first week of practice.
- The Team Building Event (all players attend) will take place the first Saturday following team announcements.
- Optional gear / Mustang spirit wear orders will also open
- Practices begin will being November 14 immediately after team announcements.
- Practices are 5-6 days a week, late afternoon/evenings during the week; Saturday mornings/afternoons.
- TEAM Study Hall after school before practice (1 time a week/ Coach Rubin’s classroom)
- NO practice THANKSGIVING day but practice on Friday, November 26th
- Games will start the end of November. Please note that players must have 10 practices before they are eligible to participate in the first game.
- Go to kingcoatheletics.com for schedule (changes can & will happen)
- Again visit RedmondBoysBasketball.com website for any updates on practices, links to official games schedule, etc.
- Practices will continue Mon-Sat, will work around team game schedules
- Winter School break: Basketball does NOT take this break J
- Practices for ALL teams during the 2 weeks
- NO practice Christmas Eve or Christmas Day
- Varsity – Holiday tournament following Christmas, traditionally requires travel out of state. More information will be shared immediately after team announcements
- JV and C team – We will participate in a Holiday Tournament (played in local HS gyms)
- Possible practice New Year’s Eve and/or New Year’s Day
- Practice week of January 4th
4A LEAGUE PLAY and PLAYOFFS:
- Game schedule continues to the end of January
- End of season banquet mid February for all players/families
- Varsity team ONLY participates in Playoffs for KINGCO 4A – games begin after last scheduled league game for 4A teams and games can continue for the next 7-10 days depending on win/loss, etc. (first couple weeks of FEBRUARY). Bracket will be posted on Kingco Athletics website.
- REGIONAL PLAYOFFS – 3RD week of February
- STATE PLAYOFFS – last week of February
END OF SEASON - JUNE
- March - May: Open Gyms
- Strength and Condition training
- Mid-April - May: Possible spring league games for Varsity
- May 30 - Spring/Summer ball begins
- June - C/JV/V League games
- June - Possible HS Tournaments as available
- June - RHS Boys Team attends Team Summer Camp
- July/July - RHS Boys volunteer at Jr. Mustangs Basketball Camp