Sometimes it seems like basketball season never stops -- and that's the way it should be!
Below we've tried to compile a quick look at a year in the life of a RHS Boys basketball player (and parent.) This is just a template guideline for those NEW to the program (and a gentle reminder for returners) to look ahead, understand expectations and commitment for the year. Once team tryouts are complete, the Parent Meeting will take place with the more concrete details and the opportunity to ask questions.
SEPTEMBER to NOVEMBER:
- 2nd week of school: available weight training and conditioning (after school)
- 2nd week of school: available basketball training/open gyms
- Go to Redmondboysbasketball.com website for updated information on upcoming tryout dates, practice schedules, game schedules, etc. We will try and put all information there ASAP
- Tryouts November 18th-20th (all players must complete all LWSD paperwork for tryouts (current physical, etc.)
- Team Notification November 20th
- Practice Begins November 21
- Parent meeting November 21 (evening at RHS)
- Team Building Event (all players attend) SATURDAY NOVEMBER 23 – (10am-10pm)
- Optional gear / Mustang spirit wear order DUE SUNDAY NOV 24 to get it asap
- Practices begin November 21st (5-6 days a week, late afternoon/evenings during the week; Saturday mornings/afternoons)
- TEAM Study Hall after school before practice (1 time a week/ Coach Rubin’s classroom)
- NO practice THANKSGIVING day but practice on Friday November 29
- Jamboree Wednesday Nov 27 (Seattle Prep)
- December 4th -- All teams home vs Monroe
- Go to kingcoatheletics.com for schedule (changes can & will happen)
- Go to RedmondBoysBasketball.com website for any updates on practices, links to official games schedule, etc.
- Practices will continue Mon-Sat, will work around team game schedules
- School break is December 21st to January 7th
- Basketball does NOT take this break J
- Practices for ALL teams during the 2 weeks
- NO practice Christmas Eve or Christmas Day
- Varsity – Holiday tournament to Burbank December 26th to December 30th
- JV and C team – Holiday tournament (Local) the week of December 27th to December 29th? (TBD) if not playing tourney, expect practices.
- Possible practice New Year’s Eve and/or New Year’s Day (?)
- Practice week of January 2nd
- FIRST JV/V GAMES during break – FRIDAY JANUARY 3rd LEAGUE GAME vs Inglemoor
- FIRST C GAME after break Jan 6th vs Inglemoor
4A LEAGUE PLAY and PLAYOFFS:
- Game schedule continues to the end of January
- End of season banquet mid February for all players/families
- Varsity team ONLY participates in Playoffs for KINGCO 4A – games begin after last scheduled league game for 4A teams and games can continue for the next 7-10 days depending on win/loss, etc. (first couple weeks of FEBRUARY). Bracket will be posted on Kingco Athletics website.
- REGIONAL PLAYOFFS – 3RD week of February
- STATE PLAYOFFS – last week of February
End of MAY/ all of JUNE:
- SPRING basketball begins; practices Mon-Fri with 2/3 weekend tournaments
- TEAM camp – travel (EWU?, Gonzaga?, WSU?) for a 3 to 4 day HS basketball camp
- YOUTH camp – ALL RHS PLAYERS run a youth camp at RHS last week of JUNE – main fundraiser! Smaller camp mid-July